Receive VA state tax credits by donating to Renovation Alliance, a Roanoke Valley non-profit
Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) State tax credits are available to individuals, trusts, and businesses making eligible donations to Renovation Alliance (RA), an approved NAP nonprofit organization. The purpose of NAP is to encourage businesses, trusts and individuals to make donations to approved 501(c)(3) organizations for the benefit of low-income persons.
Why donate to RA?
- RA has been improving the lives and homes of low-income homeowners and their families since 1998 with free, critical home repairs.
- Renovation Alliance engages more than 1,300 volunteers annually to provide critical home repairs to over 130 low-income homeowners each year.
- An Investment in Renovation Alliance’s mission is an investment in your community. Each home repair completed provides safe and healthy housing for a family in need and works to revitalize communities across the Roanoke Valley.
Why donate through NAP?
- The NAP state tax credit for an individual is equal to 65% of the donation’s value.
- Donations made before December 31st, 2017 are eligible for 2017 state taxes. Donations made after December 31st, 2017 are eligible for 2018 state taxes.
- The organizations eligible for NAP have been approved and verified as 501(c)3 tax-deductible organizations by the Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS).
How To Donate…
- Individuals must donate a minimum of $500 in order to receive $325 in state tax credits.
- Businesses must donate a minimum of $616 in order to receive $400.40 in state tax credits.
- Donations must be made directly to Renovation Alliance with no restrictions for use.
- A third party donation, such as designation through another nonprofit organization (i.e. United Way, JustGive, etc.) is not eligible for NAP tax credits.
- A NAP Contribution Notification Form (CNF-E) must be completed for all individual and business donations. The form is available through Renovation Alliance.
- Renovation Alliance will work with the donor to complete the CNF-E form and all supporting documents.
- A tax credit certificate will be mailed directly to the donor within six to eight weeks from the time VDSS receives the CNF-E and supporting documents.
(540) 400-0959 (phone/fax)
P.O. Box 4532, Roanoke, VA 24015